Saturday, March 13, 2010

What type of paint can i use to color my dash, steering wheel and door panels on my 1999 eclipse? An how?

I need to know step by step an types of things I need. I want to paint my front dash, steering wheel, e brake and leather door panels, what paint can i use an were can i get it an if u know how would be good too. Paint...? Sandpaper..? Primer...?What type of paint can i use to color my dash, steering wheel and door panels on my 1999 eclipse? An how?
I used Krylon Fusion for plastics, clean the area with a hot towel and let dry, clean with rubbing alcohol, and then spray a few coats of paint and then clear coat, u could use an adhesion promoter if you'd please but its your choice, about the leather im not sure because ive never done it, but i do know of the vinyl paint that last person was talking about, its made by Duplicolor, i used it to color my carpet black but i wouldnt suggest it to anyone =(





My cars interior (not completed yet, and not too many good pictures): http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3055986/2What type of paint can i use to color my dash, steering wheel and door panels on my 1999 eclipse? An how?
You can buy vinyl paint from auto stores. My brother painted parts of his dash and door panels with it and it looks really professional. I'm not sure if he did anything to ';prime'; it, but I'm pretty sure he didn't have to do anything other than clean the surface first. He put painter's tape around the parts he didn't want to be painted, and took apart whatever he could so that it would be easier to paint and he wouldn't get paint in other parts of his car. I'm pretty sure it was spray paint, but I'm not positive... but just go to someplace like Auto Zone and ask about vinyl paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment