Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How much will it cost to get a really good paint job done to my car?

I have a 2009 Yukon Denali and i ';hate'; the color, I would like to get it painted white, everywhere and would love it to be done very well and not cheaply done how much do you think it would cost to get that done?How much will it cost to get a really good paint job done to my car?
Anywhere from $3,000 to $5,000 depending on the body work required.How much will it cost to get a really good paint job done to my car?
I will give you a couple of things to think about before you do this. 1) when changing the color every piece of trim has to be removed in order to a nice job (very time consuming) 2) you will hurt the resale value if you ever go to sell it. 3) You did not say if you had any dings or dents but that will cost extra 4) you may be better off trying to sell it now and buying one in a color that you like better. As far as the price to do the trim removal and paint, I would say you are looking at around $3500- 5000.
It all depends on where you go to get it painted...I have a friend who owns his own custom paint and repair shop and for a custom paint job he usually charges anywhere between $1500 to $3000. He does very good paint work and is excellent at pin stripping. So its all up to where you go.
I had my Dakota done a few years ago.Tapping out or filling the dings and two coats of primer,two coats of base and finish, ran me $1500. Be prepared to pay for quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment