Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Going to paint my kids (ages 4 and 7 months) rooms: How long to keep them out?

I'm moving to new house and going to paint the bedrooms before moving in. How long should I wait after painting till I move in and let my children sleep in their newly painted new room?Going to paint my kids (ages 4 and 7 months) rooms: How long to keep them out?
You can buy organic or no fume paint from Porter??? Paints and they should be ready to go by nap time. Good Luck. Otherwise, I would just make sure to wait about 24 hours.Going to paint my kids (ages 4 and 7 months) rooms: How long to keep them out?
Ooh, dont get flat. It's not scrubbable. Get satin. And don't get it at home depot. Get it at a paint store. It is better quality paint, even though it is the same brand. Buy good brushes. Also, get paint that you either don't need primer, or get colored primer if you are doing color. I would keep them out 3 days and have plenty ventilation, shut the door and open all the windows.





Sherwin Williams has been recommended to me by 3 different painters. I went into the store, and asked for a paintchip book. They gave it to me for free. We also plan to be moving, and I wanted a jumpstart on deciding paint colors.
Get interior flat enamel, you can get it at home depot. It doesn't have the smell and fumes that latex paint has. It dries very fast, and is actually tougher, so far better for kids and their messes, finger prints and so on. With this, they could sleep in their room the same night. Once it is dry. I just painted my living room recently, and loved not smelling that paint smell.
id say a good 24 hours with the windows open should do it but you can get odour free paint which is great for kids rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment