Thursday, March 11, 2010

How to get acrylic paint out of clothing?

I have never been able to get it out of my clothes at all.How to get acrylic paint out of clothing?
To remove paint - they have the store alternative first - THEN the home remedy. I opted for the home remedy. 2Tablespoons AMMONIA, 2Tablespoons WHITE VINEGAR, 1Tablespoon SALT. As there was a LOT of paint on the leg of her pants I had to make much more solution. The site says to soak overnight. As some spots were VERY thick I used a brush and worked at it for a while (1/2 hour plus). About 80% of the paint came off - I was amazed. THEN I soaked overnight - in the bathroom sink. With a sink of water and approximately double the amounts listed above added to the water. In the morning - there was absolutely no trace of the paint. Worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment