Thursday, March 4, 2010

I found a wooden carousel style rocking horse in my basement and want advice on how to paint it?

if this is the real thing dont touch it, with peeling old paint its worth far more than redone. if its not the real thing, clean it, sand it down, and paint with acrylic paints as you like.I found a wooden carousel style rocking horse in my basement and want advice on how to paint it?
Have it appraised before you do anything to it. If it is an actual old carousel horse converted into a rocker, it could be worth a substantial amount.





Even so, if it's something that was hand made and not mass produced, and is of the right age, it could be considered folk art, and also worth some money.





If it is an antique, repainting it may hurt it's value a great deal, so have it appraised before you do anything you might regret later.I found a wooden carousel style rocking horse in my basement and want advice on how to paint it?
you go to like home depot and get paint (color of your choice) and a protective sealant

No comments:

Post a Comment