Thursday, March 4, 2010

How much should I budget for contractors to paint internally a 4 bed house ( well maintained) ?

probably 1000 bucks. labor for paint isnt cheap. instead do it yourself. buy the paint, call some friends/family, buy some food and grill out and make it an event. youll get cheap labor plus make memoriesHow much should I budget for contractors to paint internally a 4 bed house ( well maintained) ?
you may be interested to know that I have been quoted by two brisbane painters - $10000 to $12000 !!!!! I think I will be doing it myself now !





Many thanks for your answers

Report Abuse


How much should I budget for contractors to paint internally a 4 bed house ( well maintained) ?
My best advice is to call a local painting store. Prices vary so much in different areas. You can get a general idea of what the going rate is. If you cannot paint yourself, try knocking off some of the price and move furniture, take down outlet covers and even tape if they are rolling. Sometimes prep is one main expense.
I would go for $300 per room, if no obstacles in the room


tape in covering floor molding or trims are usually not part of estimate given for flat walls no custom paint mixing.
2-3 days/room at 100-150 quid/day.





Plus materials. Extra if wooden windows
Allow $5,000

No comments:

Post a Comment