Thursday, March 4, 2010

How much water can I add to latex paint to thin it out? I am trying to use it in one of those sprayers...?

Like a wagner type airless sprayer...the stuff is WAY too thick as it is now. The can says 8 oz per gallon but that made NO difference...I know there is the stuff called flotrol but it is $9 a quart and I would need 4 per gallon....


If it makes a difference...the area being painted is the interior of my garage. Used a roller to prime it all but am being lazy now and want to be able to just spray the topcoat. :)How much water can I add to latex paint to thin it out? I am trying to use it in one of those sprayers...?
Read your paint can. Consult your paint dealer.


Paint is BEST thinned with a paint store product called Flo-trol (other products also available) Purchase %26amp; follow instructions. It is worth the expense. You would never need 4 qts per gallon....How much water can I add to latex paint to thin it out? I am trying to use it in one of those sprayers...?
first off you shouldnt have to thin latex paint. if you do your sprayer probably needs a rebuild. but if you want to thin the paint 8 0z per gallon is the max you want to go if you dont want problems with the paint down the road.
buy some paint thinner

No comments:

Post a Comment