Tuesday, March 9, 2010

How to cover my ceiling when i paint my bedroom walls?

the last time i painted walls in my house we used regular masking tape to tape the ceiling so it wouldnt get paint on it. when we removed the tape it the paint was wavey and not a straight line like i would have liked it to be. what do i need to use to make sure this does not happen again?How to cover my ceiling when i paint my bedroom walls?
When you put the tape on, take a paint brush and paint a tiny bit at the edge of the tape. Let it dry for about a half hour. This creates a seal so that when you continue to paint the walls the paint won't seep through. Make sure your paint brush is not seeping with paint, make sure there is just enough to see a bit of colour on the tape/wall, and reapply when need be





I watch ALOT of Home and Garden Television.How to cover my ceiling when i paint my bedroom walls?
Be more careful taping. This is by far, the worst part of painting. They have tools available to paint without tape but they are expensive and inconvenient.





you can always take an index card and put it against the ceiling to do touch ups. index cards are pretty cheap and you can use all 4 edges. you could really do all of the cutting in that way....really isn't much more involved than taping.
I think you should do the edges with the 3 inch M3 masking tape. and its up to you if you want to put some paper after the tape just in case it plats on the celing.
Well yeah you could just use plain tape but also people sell specail tape for that kind of thing, i think you can find it at like home deepo or something.
Hi I've learned this one--buy an edger--there are MANY different products on the market but they work.





YOu may need a 3rd hand to use it well but they work excellently.
try to get the blue tape ( idk what is called, but its used specially for painting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment