Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I have some corningwares that I suspect the paint could contain lead due to their cheaper prices. How do I ?

find out for sure? If not, probably I have to throw them all away, rather than risk poisoning myself and the family. ThanksI have some corningwares that I suspect the paint could contain lead due to their cheaper prices. How do I ?
The quickest / easiest way to test dish ware is to use a product called ';Lead Check';. They are small white tubes that deliver a chemical (sodium rodizinate) to the surface.





If there is leach-able lead there it will turn color (pink or red).





They cost about $3.00 each BUT !!! (lead check hates me to teach this) ... There is 5 to 7 drops in each tube. If you use a clean dry cotton swab on each item, you can get 5 to 7 tests.





For more info you might read http://home.mindspring.com/~wrltc/lswp.p鈥?/a> This is book I wrote for parents doing re mod or having it done. It was paid for by a fed/state grant which means its as much your book as mine.





For more questions please contact me at wrltc@mindspring.com And feel free to pass this along to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment