Sunday, March 7, 2010

How can i convince my landlord to let me paint the walls?

Im 16 and my room is this pale pink colour with a white ceiling. I cant stand it!!!





I listen to screamo; my heroes are Jk Rowling, Tim Burton, and Edgar Alan Poe; my LEAST favourite colour is pink; and this room just isn't cutting it for me if you catch my drift.


It's a little girls room!!!





I rent the house and I need to convince the Landlord to let me paint the walls. Any help???How can i convince my landlord to let me paint the walls?
I have dealt with a lot of people with this problem and most landlords are easily convinced to allow their renter to paint the walls in the following ways:


1. if the color is not to crazy then just get him/her to approve the color you are painting it, this way you are letting them still ';make a decision'; and chances are he will like a normal color more than a pink room. Pink is harder to rent than a ';normal'; color.


2. If the color you want is maybe a bit of the wall or funky, then see if your landlord will allow you to paint the room whatever color you want as long as you paint it back to the pink or a color of your choosing before moving out. If the landlord agrees then it is best to get it in writing for both parties.


3. If the landlord still won't allow you to paint then see if you can opt to lose your security deposit in exchange for painting how you want





I have found most landlords to be very receptive of options 1 and 2 without having to resort to three.





Good luck! If you have any other questions related to painting you can find helpful information or contact me at http://thepaintprofessional.com/How can i convince my landlord to let me paint the walls?
Tell him that you want to paint, and when you're out buying paint, you will also buy him an equal number gallons of plain beige paint he can use to paint over whatever you put in there after you leave. He can keep them in his garage to use after you're gone.
Ask him why he does not want you to paint it.


Or tell him when you move out you will paint it the original color.





( Same here, had a pink room now its dark purpleish black :)
Just ask him nicely if you can paint the walls. Tell him you will re-paint them when you leave or forfit your security deposit.
Ask him why he wont let you paint, and if there's no way around it at least ask him to let you paint it to white.
Tell him if he will not let you paint it then your going to have to find another place!


good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment