Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dose anyone know where i can find out how much a house painter charges to paint.... all aspects?

a friend wants me to paint her house i have done painting befor im not going to over charge her but would like to know what pro painters charge, in side job.Dose anyone know where i can find out how much a house painter charges to paint.... all aspects?
The way to know what the pro's might charge for the job is to call one for an estimate. I do a lot of painting in Michigan, USA. I price the jobs based on how long I think it will take and who is providing the materials. I generally figure my time is worth $15 an hour for painting. To figure the time consider the amount of patching and repairs to the walls, what color they are compared to what color I'm painting, size of the rooms, number of doors and windows to paint around, amount of trim to paint or mask off, furniture to move and cover, flooring to protect, etc., etc. And I insist on good quality paint, brushes and rollers if they choose to buy the materials. The cheap stuff takes more time for good results, and the cheap paint doesn't last or wash up well.

No comments:

Post a Comment