Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I spray painted furniture w/o priming surface. Now paint will not stick. How to rectify situation?

I mistakenly prepared wood furniture with mineral spirits instead of deglosser. Now the spray paint is chipping off. How do I fix this problem? I don't want to sand, as the paint I was covering probably has lead in it. Help! :) Thank you!I spray painted furniture w/o priming surface. Now paint will not stick. How to rectify situation?
You will be okay to lightly sand the paint that you painted on top. Wipe down and prime with an oil based primer tinted to your paint color. Use a small foam roller to avoid brush marks. let dry 24 hrs and spray paint.I spray painted furniture w/o priming surface. Now paint will not stick. How to rectify situation?
Deglosser is a gimmicky nonsense. If your furniture was stained or varnished it ought to have remained that way.





Sand off thoroughly or burn it off and start again.
Do it the right way this time, no need for sanding.


Buy or rent a heat gun and remove all the paint. Wear a dist mask and gloves. Properly dispose of the waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment