Tuesday, March 9, 2010

How can I remove my mirrors that are applied to the wall with mounting tape without damaging the paint?

I have small, square mirrors that are hanging on the wall with mounting tape. I tried to pry/pull them off and it didn't work, I just broke one. Can I use something to dissolve the adhesive and lift them off without damaging the paint? I'm moving out of an apartment, so a solution that won't damage the paint/wall is a must. Thanks!How can I remove my mirrors that are applied to the wall with mounting tape without damaging the paint?
fishing line behind the mirror and saw or floss behind itHow can I remove my mirrors that are applied to the wall with mounting tape without damaging the paint?
WD-40 is great for removing stickers and double-sided tape. It won't ruin the paint either. Spray it behind the mirror with the spray tube. Let it soak in to the tape for a short time, then carefully slide a putty knife behind the tiles to pry them free.
Slip a knife behind to cut through the foam tape close to the mirror. then try goobegone. You still may have to spackle and sand but you can try.
Is there some reason you can`t just leave them?


Anything that will dissolve the adhesive will Definitely ruin the paint.


I`d replace the broken one and Leave.


RT
That little can of WD-40 and the long tube in the spray button will dissolve adhesives of many kinds you can squirt a little and hold the mirror with one hand and the paint should remain intact.


Good Luck ! ! !
Use a normal household hair dryer heat the tape they will come off easy. Good Luck
Summer,





My sympathy goes out to you. I had the same problem. I went to a large independent hardware store - no help with the tape problem. I went to Lowes and Home Depot. No help with the tape problem. What I ended up doing was scraping the mirrors and tape off and repainted. I had no other choice. Maybe I'm dumb. Hopefully there's an answer out there for you. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment