Thursday, March 4, 2010

How do I take off varnish finish so I can paint my home decor items? Do I need to prime before painting?

There is a special primer called ';bonding'; primer. If you prime with that, you won't need to sand or remove varnish. You can even paint on the ver sleek formica!!


You're gonna be so happy you found out about this. We apinted our staircase without sanding and the paint sticks.How do I take off varnish finish so I can paint my home decor items? Do I need to prime before painting?
Use Liquid Sandpaper, It will help paint to bond to almost any varnished surface. Yes I would prime after using the liquid sandpaper.





Kilz Products probably makes a Liquid Sandpaper, but any good paint store will know what direction to point you in.





Good Luck in renewing your item and bringing a new life to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment